Elements of Warranty for Alterna™ Jar Blender Products August 12 2015
Elements of Warranty for Alterna™ Jar Blender Products
An extended warranty is at times known as service contract, service agreement or maintenance agreement. It refers to prolonged warranty availed to consumers, apart from the standard warranty covering new items. This form of warranty could be provided by the retailer, warranty administrator or manufacturer. Alterna offers a 1 year extended warranty for extra payment on top of its regular standard limited warranty.
A product deteriorates naturally with usage and this fact is not measurable in entirety due to the many variables it involves. Generally, a factory because of the feedback it receives and the product is sees, gets a good idea about wear and tear and what may be coverable under warranty. Inappropriate cleaning, storage or application arising from negligent action could for instance lead to excessive wear and tear. Product warranty does not apply in such cases. Alterna™ Blender Jar LLC extends warranty for its different products against defects under its limited warranty coverage, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.
The customer has to return the product for a claim to be valid, along with prepaying postage of stated warranty return. Warranty is subject to return authorization being provided via email or phone. The company reserves its right of authorizing other ways of demonstrating warranty coverage, such as through videos, email or even pictures. The warranty offered on Alterna Jar for instance, implies that the company can either replace or repair the product at their discretion as seems reasonable at its discretion. The key word is “REASONABLE”, reasonable to both, the company and the customer.
It is important not to use the jar if the blade bearings are either already or in process of seizing up. Performing manual checking and turning of blades back and forth from outside using the gear on regular basis can help in detecting such incidence. Leaks at the bottom outside of blade assembly or rough feel when turning blade are also indicative of the bearings wearing out, which normally happens prematurely in cases of the jar and blades having been washed in the dishwasher, soaked in the sink, or abused in some other forms. Such situations would warrant replacement upon verification by the manufacturer, however, with limitations. The following warranty conditions apply to Alterna products:
- Alterna Blender Jar LLC offers warranty of 1 year against defects on both jar and blade unit installed originally in the Alterna jar. This warranty is limited to only the first combination of jar and blade purchased and 1 year warranty is offered to a consumer who buys a complete jar with its blade.
- Warranty of 6 months is provided by Alterna Blender Jar LLC covering against factory material or assembly defects for replacement blades. The warranty of replacement blades bought directly from the company for a blade replaced from jar with expired warranty is 6 months.
- Customers can purchase an extended warranty of 1 year PLUS for complete purchase of Alterna Jar at the time of purchase. Such extended warranty lasts for 1 year, which thus adds a 2nd year to the initial warranty of 1 year. The same limitations apply as well.
- Flange rings of the Universal Tamper carry warranty of 90 days against breakage within the region where the two flange rings of identical nature clip and snap together. The rod or dowel is itself not under warranty as it only breaks if blended up, which results due to acts of misuse or negligence. It is either because the flange assembly is placed on the rod at the incorrect location (too long – reaches the blades), the tamper is used without the lid in place, or the user pushed down too hard thus bending and flexing the lid excessively and the tamper therefore touches the blade and gets damaged. Customers should notify Alterna Blender Jar LLC within 30 days following its purchase, if flange pieces fail to install owing to sections being wrongly milled.
- Alterna Blender Jar LLC will also replace the motor unit of a competitor blender such as Vita Mix, Waring and Blendtec under certain circumstances. This is if the buyer can prove the Alterna Jar along with its blade despite proper usage, directly caused damage to such motor unit. This part of the warranty is challenging to prove because normally blender motors only break due to a problem in the blender motor itself and not because of the blade. A motor gets worn out due to what is blended inside the jar, and if the user blends with a blade assembly that seizes up. Old age, and normal wear and tear is certainly not covered.
Disclaimer: This article is not the official Alterna Blender Jar warranty. Please see www.alternajar.com for specific warranty details.