Assessing the Strategic Benefits of Different Blenders August 04 2015
Using blenders from Waring, Vitamix and Blendtec delivers the same gain of blending raw foodstuffs into consumable products. However, each of these has unique features that distinguish their functionality. Alterna jars also introduce an innovative perspective into the blending process. It is necessary to evaluate the distinct characteristics of all the blending equipment above to enable users make the appropriate decision when performing blending operations. Below is an assessment of the various features of Waring MX1000 to MX1500XT high power blender series, Vitamix 5200/6300, and the Blendtec various blenders as well as the Designer Series Blenders.
Waring 3.5 Hp MX1200XT Series Blender
- Shatterproof and heavy-duty plastic material used for creating the lightweight and BPA-free carafe
- Powerful 3.5HP motor and strong stainless-steel blades crush ice, creating frozen cocktails and blending thick and creamy smoothies
- Warranty of two years from Waring
- The electronic keypad membrane is easy to clean with a beautiful blue backlit LCD screen.
- Adjustable speed control provides for variable speed function to allow different type of operations and at different speeds.
- Reprogrammable beverage stations for ease of use on some models.
- Dual pulse functions.
- Debatable 45,000 RPM bare motor speed for powerful and fast crushing operation.
- Price range (MX1000) starting below $300 and going over $700 (MX1500)
- Does not come with a tamper tool, but really could use one. The jar is squared off on bottom from wall to bottom of container area – there is no transition.
- Relatively costly at around $450 to $500, upwards to $600 and $700, depending on the model you buy, and offers basic blender setup, having standard pitcher of 64 ounces – smaller sized jars are available.
- Certified Reconditioned blenders available at lower cost but are not necessarily new.
- Free shipping provided within the US if blender is ordered through a link on most affiliate marketing sites with a coupon code.
- Features 2-peak horsepower motor which spins blade at variable speeds
- 7-year manufacturer’s warranty for residential use and 1 to 2 years for commercial use.
- Highly-versatile and durable blender
- Quite tall at 21 inches with pitcher
- Four-tipped blade that is separate from pitcher (Vitamix has wet, dry, and ice blade options)
- Toggle switch and dial interface offers precise, manual blending control
- Includes tamper tool for pushing down blending contents
Blendtec Designer Series Blender
- Fairly expensive ($500 / $600) with just the basic blender setup offered which comes with 64-ounce standard pitcher
- Factory Recertified blenders available only for Total Blender Classic Series
- Free shipping offered for US orders done via some online resellers
- More power with 3 peak horsepower motor of 1560 watts and high spin-rate (is a marketing driven term)
- Manufacturer’s warranty of up to 7 years available in the USA residential use, Commercial 1 to 2 years in the USA. Europe and Australia have less warranty
- Durable and highly versatile functions
- Relatively short at 15 ½ inches with pitcher and can thus fit under regular kitchen cabinets
- Blade fused to pitcher making it necessary to replace blade alongside pitcher
- Features ‘touch user interface’ and not buttons for control functions
- Lacks tamper but has square-pitcher and special straight-blade design for efficient blending
- Straight, single-prong, wing-tip blade
- No tamper claimed to be necessary. But consumers have repeatedly requested tamper availability – See Universal Tamper.
Advantages of Alterna Jars
- Offers good retrofit on multiple blending machines of high-performance, including those from Vitamix, Blendtec blenders, Waring and JTC Omniblend, few among others
- Sits straight onto Blendtec, and on Vitamix, Omni, Waring 3.5HP and Good4U blenders in angel perpendicular 45 degrees turned
- Gears modified in various dimensions for correct fitting into applicable blenders
- Capable of producing diverse concoctions and blends like smoothies, ice cream, hot soups, sauces, sorbet, purees, rice, paste and broccoli and ice cubes among others. Improves blending quality especially with nut butters, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and other real hard to emulsify ingredients that would otherwise leave visible particles
- Features replaceable blades compatible with Blendtec, Vita-Mix, Omni and Waring blenders
Selecting the correct blade-cutting assembly unit enables users of Alterna jar to achieve convenient blending operations with their blender.