Using blenders from Waring, Vitamix and Blendtec delivers the same gain of blending raw foodstuffs into consumable products. However, each of these has unique features that distinguish their functionality. Alterna jars also introduce an innovative perspective into the blending process. It is necessary to evaluate the distinct characteristics of all the blending equipment above to enable users make the appropriate decision when performing blending operations. Below is an assessment of the various features of Waring MX1000 to MX1500XT high power blender series, Vitamix 5200/6300, and the Blendtec various blenders as well as the Designer Series Blenders.
Waring 3.5 Hp MX1200XT Series Blender
- Shatterproof and heavy-duty plastic material used for creating the lightweight and BPA-free carafe
- Powerful 3.5HP motor and strong stainless-steel blades crush ice, creating frozen cocktails and blending thick and creamy smoothies
- Warranty of two years from Waring
- The electronic keypad membrane is easy to clean with a beautiful blue backlit LCD screen.
- Adjustable speed control provides for variable speed function to allow different type of operations and at different speeds.
- Reprogrammable beverage stations for ease of use on some models.
- Dual pulse functions.
- Debatable 45,000 RPM bare motor speed for powerful and fast crushing operation.
- Price range (MX1000) starting below $300 and going over $700 (MX1500)
- Does not come with a tamper tool, but really could use one. The jar is squared off on bottom from wall to bottom of container area – there is no transition.
- Relatively costly at around $450 to $500, upwards to $600 and $700, depending on the model you buy, and offers basic blender setup, having standard pitcher of 64 ounces – smaller sized jars are available.
- Certified Reconditioned blenders available at lower cost but are not necessarily new.
- Free shipping provided within the US if blender is ordered through a link on most affiliate marketing sites with a coupon code.
- Features 2-peak horsepower motor which spins blade at variable speeds
- 7-year manufacturer’s warranty for residential use and 1 to 2 years for commercial use.
- Highly-versatile and durable blender
- Quite tall at 21 inches with pitcher
- Four-tipped blade that is separate from pitcher (Vitamix has wet, dry, and ice blade options)
- Toggle switch and dial interface offers precise, manual blending control
- Includes tamper tool for pushing down blending contents
Blendtec Designer Series Blender
- Fairly expensive ($500 / $600) with just the basic blender setup offered which comes with 64-ounce standard pitcher
- Factory Recertified blenders available only for Total Blender Classic Series
- Free shipping offered for US orders done via some online resellers
- More power with 3 peak horsepower motor of 1560 watts and high spin-rate (is a marketing driven term)
- Manufacturer’s warranty of up to 7 years available in the USA residential use, Commercial 1 to 2 years in the USA. Europe and Australia have less warranty
- Durable and highly versatile functions
- Relatively short at 15 ½ inches with pitcher and can thus fit under regular kitchen cabinets
- Blade fused to pitcher making it necessary to replace blade alongside pitcher
- Features ‘touch user interface’ and not buttons for control functions
- Lacks tamper but has square-pitcher and special straight-blade design for efficient blending
- Straight, single-prong, wing-tip blade
- No tamper claimed to be necessary. But consumers have repeatedly requested tamper availability – See Universal Tamper.
Advantages of Alterna Jars
- Offers good retrofit on multiple blending machines of high-performance, including those from Vitamix, Blendtec blenders, Waring and JTC Omniblend, few among others
- Sits straight onto Blendtec, and on Vitamix, Omni, Waring 3.5HP and Good4U blenders in angel perpendicular 45 degrees turned
- Gears modified in various dimensions for correct fitting into applicable blenders
- Capable of producing diverse concoctions and blends like smoothies, ice cream, hot soups, sauces, sorbet, purees, rice, paste and broccoli and ice cubes among others. Improves blending quality especially with nut butters, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and other real hard to emulsify ingredients that would otherwise leave visible particles
- Features replaceable blades compatible with Blendtec, Vita-Mix, Omni and Waring blenders
Selecting the correct blade-cutting assembly unit enables users of Alterna jar to achieve convenient blending operations with their blender.
By Alterna Jar (C) 2015
The Alterna Jars are engineered and developed in the USA with the intention to retrofit one and the same container perfectly on multiple high performance smoothie blending machines. These are all Blendtec blenders, Vitamix(TM), JTC Omniblend, Waring(TM) MX1050XT blenders, and a few others. Blendtec blenders have a different jar base design and normally a Blendtec(R) jar will not fit onto the Vitamix or Omni Blender or Waring blenders (MX Raptor type). And the Vitamix blender jars, Waring, Omni JTC fit all on the other blender base, but they do not fit on the Blendtec blender base, normally.
And so we have designed a container that fits on both of these general blender platforms. The only difference is, you will sit the Alterna jar onto the Blendtec blenders straight, and on Waring, Good4U, etc... blenders in an angel perpendicular 45 degrees turned. The patent-pending design with specifically engineered jar cutouts allow space for the Alterna jar to sit on the Waring rubber blender cushion (and JTC and Vitamix...). The Waring et al blenders turn counter-clockwise and Blendtec turns clockwise, however. And so the blades need to be sharpened on opposite sides and the user who wants to use the Alterna Jar on a Blendtec blender must have the correct Alterna Blade for Blendtec blenders installed while the user who wants to use the Alterna Jar on a Vitamix or Waring or JTC blender, must use the jar with the correct Alterna blade blending assembly for the Waring and JTC et al blenders. The gears are modified in size and dimensions accordingly to fit correctly into the applicable blender.
Note, minimum size of blending capability is 16 ounces and maximum effectiveness is at around 55 ounces to 64 ounces, depending on liquid content ratio to solids. The Alterna Jar is capable of various blends and concoctions such as smoothies, hot soups, ice cream, sorbet, sauces, purees, paste, rice, grain to flour, broccoli, cabbage, avocado pits, ice cubes...
The other patent-pending engineering of this high performance jar set up for perfect Blendtec blender and Waring (et al) blender application is the requirement to elongate the gear - shaft to make room below the jar (jar and gear patent pending) for the bottom plate screw / nut so you can tighten down the changeable replaceable blade unit cutting blending assembly on the Alterna Jar specifically for Blendtec blender applications. Blendtec does not have jars with replaceable blades, but Vitamix and OMNI and Waring however do.
We have noticed on many occasions that customers / blender users would have bought a Blendtec blender but instead bought a Vitamix or JTC Omni blender or Waring MX1050XT blender because Blendtec has a fixed installed blade. The issue is, the blade will wear out (the bearing / bushing, to be exact) and then the blender operator has to purchase a brand new Blendtec jar. Bearing-operated blade assembly cutting units hold up longer than bushing driven blades, because they have better seals and gaskets and harder bearings (bearings are better than bushings). The bearings balls are made from a carbide alloy, the same used for roller skates and blades. And this is a big money savings issue especially for restaurant smoothie shop operators.
No matter if you have a Vitamix, Waring MX XT blender, JTC Omni or Blendtec blender, you can use the same Alterna Jar, however by selecting the correct blade cutting blending assembly unit. Select between the Alterna Blade - Blendtec or Alterna Blade Waring, Waring also fitting on Vitamix, Good4U Raw Power, and JTC Omni Blenders, perhaps others, such as Omega and Centaur blenders.
Disclaimer: We are no longer selling smoothie blenders. The mere fact that our Alterna Jar and it's blades are interchangeable and also fit on various other diverse high power blender brands is not prohibited by law, but not likely supported by it's brand owners. Brand owners may probably do and/or threaten to void warranty, however Alterna will gladly issue warranty coverage over said claimed equipment if it can legitimately be proven that a problem may have been caused by the Altern jar and/or its blade mechanism and its usage, provided it has been used correctly in accordance to our jar and blade maintenance guideline. If a blade has seized up and being used regardless, it can cause potentially to drive socket and/or cause motor damage. The trademarks of Waring, Vitamix, Blendtec, etc... are owned by their applicable owners. The Alterna Jar and Blades are patent pending and trademark registered.
It's an Alterna Blender Jar LLC Company. We provide innovative newly developed Jars, Blades, Tampers, and after-market replacement parts and components for the most popular high performance blender brands (patent pending). These are Blendtec, Waring, Good4U, JTC Omniblend, to name a few most popular ones, among others. Our Alterna Jar, as the name already says, is the best replacement alternative for Blendtec blender containers, which features our patent pending US engineered and assembled exchangeable interchangeable and replaceable blade assembly blending cutting unit. Our Alterna Cutting Units are made from the highest grade materials and seals to provide longevity and versatile blending options from wet, dry, ice, grain, powder, drink, juice, smoothie, shake, puree, sauce, butters, hot soup, and ice cream textures; all-in-one blade assembly as well as specialty knives.
Blender operators can use the same Alterna Jar that fits on Blendtec blenders also on their Vitamix, JTC OmniBlend, Waring MX1050XT blenders (and all other Waring MX1000XT, MX1100XT, MX1200XT, MX1300XT, MX1500XT and Good4U Raw Power Commercial 3.5 HP blenders), by switching out the blade cutting unit (because they turn in opposite direction and the gear size is different). The same jar, although the various blenders are designed with different size blender bases for their proprietary jars, just needs to be turned by 45 degrees to sit perfectly onto the various high performance blender base (patent pending filed).
This is the best website where you will find versatility and make-sense after-market retrofit inventions for consumer and smoothie business operators. We offer low prices for our quality products and give our consumers and authorized global resellers the opportunity to add value to their equipment and their pocket book.